Saturday, April 25, 2015

I couldn't sing the body electric

I couldn’t sing the body electric There are some things that are So traumatic in my past I don’t even fully remember them Lady Gaga Many hundred of miles away from the mind Thousand of years light from the island A man was at work in the Old Continent Experimenting with cause and effect Succeeding in conditioning canine responses Electricity or vomiting Were the two options Sitting tight on a narrow chair The small office had a stack of magazines Behind me the interrogator narrated scenes The wiring on my pelvis wasn’t uncomfortable The two options Were vomiting or electricity When science and myrrh collide The effect can be effective To assist the doubtful with reassurance Or make believe that all is well Or will be well Electricity or vomiting Were the two only options The arousal quiet but firm arrives While his voice galloping behind me Insists that the men in the pictures were Touching, kissing, fucking me And I could only choose Electricity or vomiting On purpose deconstructing a life Making me file for divorce with friends Listing my likes and dislikes so they could choose Offering my virgin soul for them to try The electrodes were moved upwards The voltage had to be increased around the nipples Apparently my skin had rejected the torture And his voice had lost his power I could not sing the body electric For my body was electrified to disconnect me To make me believe what I was not So the crowd would be pleased But the touch eventually returned Clean, clear, majestic Feeling was once again on Aversion therapy was averted.

No comments: